Xbox One crashes on every game I attempt to play

My Xbox One crashes within two minutes of any game I try to play.  I first only happened with Call of Duty Ghosts, but now every game I load up, my Xbox One completely shuts off.  Is anyone else having this issue?  I feel like the failure rate of the Day One editions are very high.  What's strange is that this issue has gotten progressively worse.  When I first got the console, just about everything was fine.  I would have a random shut off every once in a while, but now its all the time....  This really worries me about the quality of components used in these devices..  If anyone else is having these issues please share.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

If the system is fully turning off i donno how to fix it. =/

If its just the games closing and returning you to the dashboard the Luckily you can actually fix that issue....

Goto Settings, then power options and change the power mode from Instant-On to Energy Saving and then turn off the system.  

Reason why it works is when Instant-On is on its basically sends the system into a standby mode when you turn it off instead of fully shutting it down your console never fully gets to shut down and the xbox one never gets to boot up fresh.  Energy Saving mode will let the system fully turn off.  When using energy saving mode the startup of the system can take like a min or so.  Once your issue is fixed simply re-enable instant on and it should work like normal.  Just repeat if you have the issue again.  Or you could just leace it on energy saving if you can stand the long startup screen.  Its weird that the system has this issue,  hope its fixable threw a update. =/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am having the same issue. started 2 days ago after installing batman arkham knight. Spread to the downloaded the witcher 3. I know what overheating does, it has done that a couple times, but this crash forces me to unplugg the brick from the wall just to get the consol back on. Everything else is fine like how i am typing this out on my consol. Can stay on for hours but 10-15 minutes in game and hard crash again. No error code or acknowledgement by the consol that anything happened. Ive done every trick in the book i know. Someone figure this out please. Idont want to lose all my hours in game. I have 2 kids time is precious.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi I3 MIDGETS, 

Sorry you're having issues with games not loading. As this thread is an older thread, and it looks like the original poster has his answer, please create a new thread detailing what your issue is, and what troubleshooting steps you've taken to resolve the issue. That was you can have a support experience tailored to you. Also to fix this issue, usually a hard reset resolves the issue. With the Xbox on hold the power button down for about 5 seconds until the console turns off. Then turn it on, and see if your games work. 

Hope this helps. If it doesn't like I said please create a new thread. 

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Sorry this didn't help.