Xbox One Controllers and internet connection disconnecting.

Hi everyone,

I have a problem that has become extremely frustrating over a week or two. When I am doing anything on my Xbox (usually gaming), my controller loses connection and the xbox button on it starts flashing until it re-connects which can take up to around 8 seconds. And then right after that happens I lose my internet connection which sometimes comes back after a few seconds but that happens rarely. This whole problem happens frequently and I am very annoyed. I've tried hard restart and unplugging the power for two minutes and that didn't work. I bought a micro USB adapter and updated my controllers which also didn't work. I resynced my controllers and that didn't work either.

Is there anyone who has knowledge of why this is happening? I have tried so many things and none of them have worked.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:
Answer

I'm not sure how to lock this thread, but I may have found the fix (for me at least). To all who read this, your console's power mode has two modes. Energy-Saving and Instant On. This needs to be set on 'instant on'. For me the disconnecting issue occured most in the first hour. After that hour had passed, the problem almost went away completely. Almost. But ever since I switched to instant On mode, this issue hasn't happened for almost two days straight. Lets hope this persists... hope this helps guys.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.