Xbox One Controller wont keep connection to Xbox One

Had this problem for a couple months now. When I play on my Xbox one, suddenly my Xbox one controller would disconnect and I would have to try and reconnect it. The frequency of this would happen often, so I bought brand new controllers twice and that did not fix the problem, the new controller would work for a couple days and then back to random disconnects. I would use the sync button on the side of the Xbox and it would take a miracle for the controller to connect that way. Even when I have the play and charge kit wire in the controller it still disconnects. I read and tried all the methods Xbox one support provided and still does not work. This leads me to believe that the sync on my Xbox one with controllers has malfunctioned. 

But maybe I'm wrong. Has anyone else suffer from this problem? Did you just repair the Xbox or is there a trick out there to fixing this problem still?

Currently I am not able to play my favorite games or trust to go in an online match because of the fear my controller will randomly disconnect in the middle of it and take a long time to reconnect. 

Thanks for the help in advance!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 22 Applies to:

Hi lxRIVExl, 

Sorry you're having problems with your controller disconnects. I'm not sure what steps you've taken to resolve this, so I'm going to list some more. Also note that this is not a common problem, but many have a experienced it including myself. That said for me it's not very often at all and the reconnect doesn't take long. I'm just guessing here, but I do not think a service on your Xbox would resolve this. Likely it's going to be patched in future Xbox updates. 

First, I would try to update the firmware on your controller. Then I would check and see if there are any updates for your Xbox console. If all of this has been done, I would do a hard reset on your console (this more or less clears some cache for you). To do that with the Xbox on, hold the power button down for about 10 seconds. Your console will very quickly turn off. After it's turned off, then go ahead and power it back on (expect a longer boot time). 

Update firmware on your controller  (note: it says update for stereo headset, but it's the same process)

Check Xbox for Updates

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.