XBox One Controller with PC

Hello. I am having issues getting my PC to use a Microsoft XBox One Controller properly. My PC does not recognize the controller. The Hardware and Devices section only finds an undefined "Controller." I have installed the correct drivers from the microsoft website. All attempts to automatically detect the appropriate driver fails. The error code I receive for the device is Code 28; the computer does not believe the appropriate drivers are installed. Please help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 32 Applies to:

I have the same problem. If you've figured it out it'd be great to know how. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi guys,

What version of windows are you running?

Sorry this didn't help.

FYI I fixed this myself (although I think I returned the controller and obtained a new one first, but I don't think that actually had anything to do with it). I don't precisely remember everything I did, but the gist of it was I manually downloaded the XBox One drivers for my version of Windows (7) and then had to manually select that driver for the unrecognized controller by browsing through all the microsoft driver options and finally selecting the correct one.

Sorry this didn't help.