Xbox one controller will not sync to the console no matter what i do ive gone through the help videos and no luck.

When i first got the controller in the beginning of December last year everything seemed ok and it synced but would disconnect randomly here and there, the battery was not the problem since i would just finish recharging it and it would still disconnect.

I began to use the controller with the USB cable plugged right into the xbox and thats how i would play, then i ended up getting an astros headset and people online started complaining about a high screeching noise that my mic would make so i disconnected the the USB cable and they said the noise went away the only issue if that the controller would only stay connected for short periods of time and it would randomly disconnect.

Now september 2015 almost a year after buying the controller it will not sync to my xbox at all, ive gone through the help videos on how to sync your controller and it still will not recognize my xbox and it it does it stays connected for literally 4 maybe 5 seconds before it disconnects and will not re connect. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey there, one of the things you can try is to make sure you're controller has the current and most up-to-date firmware installed. You can find this out by plugging in your controller with the USB cable and going to settings and choosing "Devices & Accessories" and choose the controller and then check for update/update. Then try connecting your controller again to your console wirelessly.

I've tried calling up the support link for you but my system keeps telling me I've found a "glitch" in the system and I get an error message.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

My system is back up and running and here's the support page I was trying to get to last night: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/connect-charge-cable-to-controller

Review the troubleshooting steps listed here but review item 6 regarding updating the controller's firmware.

Sorry this didn't help.

my controller is up to date, It has to be my xbox .

I use my controller like that link there, plugged into the USB port since its the only way i can use it.

The problem with plugging it in is that my Mic makes a buzzing noise according to people online so i cant use my mic if u without annoying other players

Sorry this didn't help.

It is the console, not the controller. I have a controller desync problem too, worst is that Microsoft is not giving anyone any info on what the problem is. I think they are selling damaged consoles. Only way to fix that problem is to buy a new xbox, or to send yours to repair but manny have claimed that even after sending it for  a repair it still has the same issues. Microsoft needs to adress this issue Assap!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

I have three controllers i bought the recent version with the 3.5mm jack thinking it was the controllers but yea it has to be the console none of my controllers will sync.

I wouldn't mind if Microsoft released a USB receiver of some sort that the Controller could connect to like Bluetooth devices. I say i wouldn't mind because i know i would have to pay for whatever that would be if it was done.

this is the problem with getting consoles early on before all the problems are detected and fixed in later models, those of use who bought them early get a smack to the face paying the old ridiculous 500 price and still get an inferior console than those who waited.

Sorry this didn't help.