XBOX ONE CONTROLLER WILL NOT STOP DISCONNECTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright so for the past three months I have had nothing but problems with my Xbox One controllers disconnecting ALL THE TIME!

I have went through all of the unhelpful steps like:

Restart my console.

Re-sync my controllers to the console.

and...

Re-sync them using the Kinect.

Unplug my console for 30 seconds.

Changed batteries.

Buy a new controller.

There is nothing in between my Xbox One and my controller. No microwave ovens or any electrical sources whatsoever.

Sure if I plug the controller up using the USB cord it does not disconnect, BUT I should not have to do that just to play my Xbox!!! 

It is not game specific nor is it activity specific.

It has done it just being on the HOME SCREEN.

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!

I am a die hard Xbox fan but this is just ridiculous. 

I do not know how much longer I can take trying to play a game and BOOM "CONTROLLER DISCONNECTED. Please reconnect your controller to continue." only to have it disconnect 10 seconds later. I won't even play any type of online multiplayer because it would be pointless to even try when I have such a hard time just trying to make it through the campaign of any game with this issue.  I miss playing Destiny and I have not even had a chance to play Halo MCC online because fear of dying because my controller disconnecting.

Please get back to me with a resolution that actually works.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 128 Applies to:

Silly question but have you ever updated the controllers firmware.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have this same issue. Any luck?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same kind of problem... my problems started about a month ago and I can't play any game without getting disconnected or bugged. My best shot is to play with a USB cable. Playing with USB cable the controller works well, but while I'm playing AC: Unity the controller bugs every time a get in combat. The controller keeps connected but it stops working. It's very annoying... I'll search some way to prosecute Microsoft for this kind of issue. It's not MY console or controller... it's happening to a lot of people.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have updated the firmware.

Last night I disconnected my Xbox from the internet and tried playing that way but still did it. I even did the whole hold the power button down for 5-10 seconds so it would restart.

If you guys want or can. Go to my profile on here I posted like 16+ videos while playing Halo MCC showing how often it disconnects on me.

Mine did it like once or twice back in late October while playing Destiny. Then when I got Halo MCC it wasn't doing it at first. Then all of a sudden it was happening every 5 seconds. Then it stopped for a while. A week or so later I started playing AC: Unity. Seemed fine at first, didn't really have any issues. Started wondering if it was just Halo MCC since they were having so many problems since it launched. Then next thing that I know it starts happening while playing AC: Unity.

It does it on the home screen, in the settings, activity feed, in achievements, anywhere.

I turned the sign in setting off on my kinect. I have even turned the kinect off. Still nothing works.

I wonder if maybe when they were updating games that had bugs at launch and afterwards (Destiny, Halo MCC, AC: Unity, and others) if maybe some how there was a fix or a patch or maybe a bug that slipped under the radar that screws with the firmware of the controllers?

Just a theory.

Sorry this didn't help.

i got the same problem, tried all that's been suggested here. anyone have more info about this issue? is it my xbox hardware or software?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, guys! I'm very sorry to see about the disconnecting issues! We're actively tracking this issue, and have a lot more information in this thread here. Miss Diggz has a few troubleshooting steps you can try out, as well as a survey we are looking for you all to fill out! We really appreciate your understanding, and your patience with us while we get this resolved. :)

Sorry this didn't help.