XBOX One Controller vibration bug + questions

While coding controller support into a program of mine i hit a snag. When setting the rumble speed via SetVibration - the 360 controller motor never stops until I tell it to do so (desired behavior). However, the XBOX One controller will only rumble for a second or 2 until the motor stops on it's own. From the testing & debugging I've been able to do, it appears to be an issue with the driver for the One controller. Could you please take a look?

I also have a couple of questions:

1. Is trigger vibration support (for Dev) to be added to the PC in the near future?

2. How could I go about joining the the XBOX Preview Program? I'm curious at the development possibilities of streaming to Windows 10.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 111 Applies to:

Hi Xafrini, 

Unfortunately these forums are not for Development questions, and as most the people here are having problems with an Xbox product that has already been published, there will be little to no response here. I recommend starting with the link below and checking the MSDN forums for any development questions.

Xbox Developer Home

MSDN Forums  

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

...and of course the MSDN forums told me that anything with the word XBOX in it goes here, and chased me out. Regardless, perhaps someone with the right connections could send this up the chain as it seems there is nowhere for me to turn to get real answers or help.

Thanks for the response.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry about that. Perhaps somewhere on the Developer home section there is a portal for peer collaboration. With the Preview Program you need a friend that's in it to invite you. I would ask some friends you play with if they're in it, and if they will add you. 

Hope this helps. 

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Sorry this didn't help.

Bought XBox One Controller for PC and found that when controller vibrates controller disconnects every time. I Have Win 7 64bit with lattest drivers. Of course it also has to be wired (USB) to PC for it to work since it has no wireless solution yet.

Anyway, I gave up and went back to Xbox360 controller since it works either wired or wireless and stays working. I was using it on the game PC-Dragon Age Inquition 6/2015.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi AstroGazer,

Sorry you're having issues with your controller. As this is a bit different than the OP please create your own thread so we can better assist you.

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Sorry this didn't help.