XBOX ONE CONTROLLER UP-DRIFTING

This is an extremely frustrating issue.

i have a total of 4 controllers (the original one) along with 3 i paid for with the last 2 controllers bought within the past 60 -90 days (should be under warranty) that are now all up drifting and can not be used

My console is out of warranty . i was told initially that Microsoft can replace the controller for me but after checking the warranty date (expired 1 month ago only) , i was told that Microsoft can "Replace" it but i need to pay $60. The agent i chatted with stated that he knows i can buy it cheaper from other retailers but buying it from Microsoft will guarantee i get a "legitimate" one. I bought my controllers from BestBuy

This is frustrating that Microsoft is not stepping up to the poor quality issue here. i had an xbox 360 and never ran into issue of up drifting (i started with the original one even and had it for 4 years)

It is insulting to be told that only buying the products from Microsoft will guarantee a "legitimate" one. does this mean Best Buy is selling counterfeit products?

Best Buy saying i need to contact Microsoft since it is within the warranty period. Microsoft claims I bought illegitimate products since i did not buy it directly from Microsoft and the only one losing here is me, I am basically losing more than $180 in controllers because of poor quality issue

I requested to talk to a live agent  after all those non sense accusations about legitimate products and i called the number. the agent i talked to asked me to post here to have this issue looked into but i have no faith that microsfot will do anything here..i think this is just a way to let things dissolve/ disappear- and time will prove me right

i have the full conversation/ chat script including the part where agent offered to replace my controller for $60 and where he claims that only Microsoft sells "legitimate" products
I can post the conversation here or forward it to whoever is going to look into this issue

And no, updating controller, powering off console, re-syncing, unhooking  console from outlet...etc (all the other recommendations mentioned in other threads here about the same issue) all of these do not work. this is a hardware issue that needs to be addressed, not a connection/ software issues

How can i replace my other 2 controllers? . Best buy said go to Microsoft, but Microsoft did not take responsibility and  refused to replace them unless i pay $60 for each (wanted a total $240 for the 4 controllers)

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Considering you have many pads all out of warranty I would take matters into your own hands and try a self repair. Be much cheaper.

[Mod Removed - Please don't post self repair options on these forums.]

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

thanks for the suggestion but this did not work. i tried it on a one that i paid for and it did nothing

the main issue is with the 3D Analog Joystick Module for Xbox One Controller

there are allot of videos on the net about how to replace them but that does not answer the poor quality issue here and i should not be fixing a controller that is defective

why is Microsoft denying to replace my other 2 controllers that have nothing to do with my console warranty? i bought them separately

this is unacceptable

the only answer we keep getting is turn off your console , remove battery, make sure full battery charge...etc gibberish  that they know does not/ will not/ will never help

I am still awaiting to her from microsoft...i will give them a week

i am open to any suggestions / explore any other options to have Microsoft held accountable for these poor controllers

while i can pay for much more than those 4 controllers, i should not knowing they are doing nothing to fix it excpet repeating steps that do not help

i wonder if the new controller was released with a fix

This is shady

Sorry this didn't help.

The same problem is going to occur with the new controllers because the module sensors are the same one's on the old controllers.

Sorry this didn't help.