Xbox One Controller Stereo Headset Adapter update does not appear.

I have followed every step detailed on the instructions that came with my adapter and yet no "on-screen" instructions appear.

The battery pack is out, the micro-usb is plugged in to the top of the controller, and the other end into the side USB port of the Xbox One. I also have my Astro A40(a supported headset) chat chord going into the included 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter and then into the stereo headset adapter.

What am I doing wrong? I'm signed into Xbox Live.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 19 Applies to:

Mine doesnt work either, same exact situation. Glad I paid $10 to overnight this

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

"@danieldafoe Is your console on the March Update Preview? ^PS"

That's the first response I received from Xbox Support (1-5)'s Twitter. I did receive an invite to preview the March update through my Xbox One messages, and I have put in a request to preview the update, so hopefully I get the go-ahead within 48 hours.

I'm assuming needing the March update is an unmentioned and missing part of the instructions for setting up the stereo headset adapter.

Sorry this didn't help.

Please note that the update just got out, it was only in beta mode for some tester, but now its out to everyone

My headset is tutlebeach x12, and when I plugged the controller to the xbox one the update wasn't asking to updateand I had to make noise in the mic for the xbox one to recognize that a headset was added, and then offered to update my controller. After updating I had the same issue when I tried it in a group. I've even plugged the headset that was coming with the Xbox one without any success, even the headset that was coming with then console was doing the same, no signal when I was speaking in the mic (the circle wasnt showingnthat I was talking)

Well all this tell you that I've clossed my consolle and my controller, I've even unplugged the power cord. Openned my consolle back up and retryed in a group the headset coming with the Xbox and I was working like new, then plugged my turtle beach with the stereo headset adapter and it was working, the circle was showing signal when I was talking, also tryed it in Battlefield 4 and to my big surprise it was working !

Hope this help you out !

Sorry this didn't help.

TL;DR: Unplug your xbox from it's power supply, plug it back in, then try updating!

So, I had the same problem and had gotten stuck trying to fix it. If you take out your batteries like the instructions say and attempt to update (with no avail) when you go to put your batteries back in to try fixing it another way, you are no longer able to sync your controller to your console. So if you wanted to hard shut down your console with your controller, you can't. But, unplugging it from the wall/plugging it back in and then trying the steps over again actually brought up the onscreen instructions.

Sorry this didn't help.