Xbox One controller randomly disconnecting :(

Hello everyone  :)

My Xbox One controller has been randomly disconnecting for no reason at all  :(

The controller is up to date and the batteries aren't the issue at all.

Granted, it happends like 10% of the time that I use it, but is has gotten me killed while playing Destiny.

Has this issue been happening to anyone else?

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone  :)

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Sorry you are having issues with your controller disconnecting.  Others have reported a similar issue.  Do you have a second controller that you could test with to help determine if it is the controller or the console.  

Just be sure to check for interference from other devices/items as many times that will cause disconnection problems.  

Let us know.  Good Luck!!

Happy Gaming!

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

It's the XBox...I had the same issues with a new controller. Returned for another new one, it still has the same problem. My other two controllers do NOT randomly lose connection.

28 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried re-syncing the controller?

What sort of batteries are you using? Rechargeable or throw away? I know on my old XB1 I use to get this randomly and I was using Energiizer rechargable AA batteries. They were ok at first but started getting the problem more and more after about 4 months

I know it was more expensive but started to use throw away batteries and it didn't happen once. Weird thing was the rechargables didn't sit as tight in the controller so it could of been them moving about when the controller vibrated.

It's a common problem though. Sometimes I'd get it happen 4-5 times in a week then I could go a month or so with no issues

Since having the Xbox Slim using throw always I haven't yet had the problem

As others have said though, if possible try another controller, could be just an issue with your pad

Good luck

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the rechargeable pack from m$, so that idea's out the window. As far as resynicing....this is new hardware, you shouldn't have to sync it but one time and update it from time to time. But alas, we're in the modern electronic age where quality stands for nothing. So, I just have a long USB cable I play with for games that don't have auto pause when it loses the controller signal.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello everyone  :)

Thank you everyone for your feedback, I really appreciate it  :)

My controller has only disconnected on me 4 times (2 of those times were fatal because I was playing Destiny and I got killed because of it).

I have two more Xbox One controllers, but I won't open them up until the one that I'm using now needs to be replaced.

In regards to making syncing the controller back to the Xbox, I have done the following...

(1) re-updating the controller  -->  nothing happend because it was already updated

(2) Re-starting the Xbox itself  -->  It helped the 1rst time that it happend

(3) un-plugged the Xbox One power cable from the power outlet for 5 minutes  -->  this fixed the problem immediately

Also, I have sometimes resorted to using a 6 feet long USB Extender Cable to connect my controller directly to the Xbox One.  There were no random controller disconnections with this method (this is a tripping hazzard though).

My last controller disconnection issue happend about 7 weeks ago.  So far, my controller has been behaving properly since then LOL  :)

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone  :)

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Another thing that might be worth mentioning

Do you notice that you get these disconnections on certain games?

I only ask because I remember a few threads where people reported it happening a lot when playing Battlefield 4, I don't understand how really but could these issues be game related? Meaning happens more/on certain games than others.

Just throwing it out there

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Mine has disconnected several times since 11-2015, but has always reconnected after powering down and restarting the console itself. Never did a hard reset.

Personally at a lose to understand why the console or controller looses its ability to reconize one another, but have yet to have it loose conection while playing games. (knock on wood) as mine has only happened during startup. Press the xbox logo on the controller and the console powers on, but then blinks like it trying to fully connect but can't. Weird!  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

@ Electro

My daughters console/controller often did that on startup. We have even phoned Xbox Support, tried the usual , different controller, batteries, re-syncing, checked for updates ....

The way we solved it unless it was just a coincidence was from switching the console to Energy Saver Mode from Instant Start up. Since then it's been fine

Like I posted though. I had trouble when using Energizer AA Batteries but weird as it sounds they never sat as securely in the controller as normal AA throw always so I wondered when playing using the rechargables and it was a game that used the rumble feature a lot , the batteries might just move a tiny bit and for a short time it would lose connection.

I've even seen people post they have used cello tape and stuck the batteries in more firmly, some have had success from doing that.

It's a common problem though, don't think I've got one friend online that hasn't mentioned having this issue at least once or twice. Chances are there's a number of causes, faulty console/controller, batteries not securely fitted, interference from other devices

Pain in the backside when it does happen. Not so bad if your playing a single player game , not so good happening when I was playing something like Forza online lol

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I now use only recharagabe batteries in all my 360/one controllers and I never use instant on mode. My energizer, duracell and rayovac rechargables all fit just as snug as normal batteries.

One thing that did catch my attention is that the last time the controller failed to connect was right after the July 29th console update. But a manual restart, just as when the console fails to connect to my wifi, does the trick everytime. Knock on wood!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

In case someone with this issue stumbles across this. First thing to try is to turn off instant-on. That fixed it for me. 

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated September 4, 2021 Views 2,002 Applies to: