Xbox One Controller random button pressing.

So after about a week of having my xbox one, during game play my controller just randomly presses a button.  Mainly the RB or the right joystick will turn in a circle without me touching them.  Its really annoying to be trying to play a racing game and my car just turns on its own. I cant seem to find the serial number to register and get it sent for a repair. So where is the serial number? and will Microsoft fix this problem.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 589 Applies to:

Probably under the battery cover....and they will fix it but you have to get it to them........

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I looked under there but the only take 12 digit serial numbers, the controllers have 14 ive tried different cominations

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, I think you just register the console....then call support (use the "have them call you back option" unless you like holding on) they will give you a SR # (service request) and start a ticket......then they will email you with the sad news that YOU have to drive and ship it to them after YOU pay the postage to do that, WHEN they get yours, they will send you one back (that is misleading though as they got mine Dec 27 and have yet to send me anything back and from what ive read here on this forum, expect at least a month)........I was told by them I should just "buy another one"...........

Sorry this didn't help.