Xbox one controller options

I'm here to ask where are the Xbox One controller options? More specifically how do I turn the rumble function off completely? I contacted Xbox support on twitter and they told me it does not have these options unlike the Xbox 360 controller. They did say that rumble could be turned off in game, I'm playing Battlefield 4 and FIFA 14 has anyone found out how to turn off the rumble because there is no option for it in game. I'm only writing this as I suffer with carpal tunnel which means if I use vibrating objects for too long it causes pain, numbness and other symptoms which leave me in great discomfort for hours and some times days. I discovered I had this problem over 10 years ago and have always turned rumble off, but now I can't. I cannot believe that such a simple option was removed from the dashboard of the Xbox One and I feel that it should be placed back in to provide the people who don't like or suffer pain with the rumble function the option to turn it off completely. I think I speak on behalf of all other gamers who suffer with carpal tunnel and other problems that are caused with rumble. Please can something be done with this problem as I want to spend many happy hours playing Xbox One and not worrying about the pain I have to endure to do so.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

While browsing another thread, I saw someone mention how at the pre-launch Xbox One events there was a "controller settings" option available at the dashboard. Apparently, that was taken out for the final dashboard build, but there is hope that it may return again sometime in the future. For now, though, it appears you may be out of luck.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Squiffy!

I can certainly understand how this option would be very desirable (especially in a situation similar to yours). I suggest making this post over in our Feedback Forums so it can be sure to be taken into account. I'm positive that I've seen others requesting this feature as well, but it never hurts to have an extra, well written posts like yours.

Let us know if you run into any other questions or issues and we'll be happy to assist as best as we can! ^_^

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.