Xbox one controller on android

Hello,

Is it possible to play android games with the xbox one controller? and how do you connect it to the phone? 

I only want to buy the controller without the console, so is it necessary for me to update the system and if it is, how do i do it?

Thanks for all answers.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 68 Applies to:

Hi there,

Interesting question, as I understand it - it could be quite hard to do, even if it is possible.

So essentially, Android support dualshock controllers as I understand, but I'm not sure about Xbox One controllers. Android phones sometimes have compatibility features for controllers and mice, but remember that the Xbox may be different.

The Xbox One controller has a micro USB port on the top, so you will need a micro USB cable with two smaller ends, or you could get a small changer for a normal micros USB cable. However, there's no guarantee it will be detected by the Android OS.

I would recommend having the most recent version of Android your device can support, in the hopes that it will increase any potential compatibility. Some people online recommend certain apps that can run on Android to support controllers, however many people suggest that you will need a rooted phone in order to install and use that app.

I'd suggest looking online for some more guides on this.

Good luck!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.