Xbox One Controller Not Updating For Stereo Headset

Hello,

I just brought Microsoft's Stereo Headset for the Xbox One. The problem is that the controller will not start the update needed to use the headset. It will get to the screen that reads "There was a problem updating your controller" and stop. I've tried different USB cables, power cycling the Xbox One, and trying to conduct the update manually, by going through settings. Nothing has worked. However, it will run the update without the headset/adapter plugged in, but not if it's plugged in.

I'm not sure what else to do. Thank you,

Toby

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hi,

You did what we doing in the cas the controller not updating.. support.xbox.com/.../update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter > Troobleshoot

Do you have a friend with an xbox one so you can try to update your controller with the headset on the other console.

If the update fail, the headset is broken (it's happen..) and you have to contact your supplier to get a replacement.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the response!

Yes, I've tried all the steps on the troubleshooting page. The funny thing is that the headset works just fine if I leave it plugged into the Xbox One. However, if I try to update the controller it will not update. I think a need a new controller.

Thanks again for the response.

Toby

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.