Xbox One Controller, left stick faulting!!!

Im on my 3rd, yes 3rd Xbox One controller!!!, can't believe this is happening, and its' always the left stick that keeps faulting / breaking down??? I play 3-4 hours a day, mostly Fifa 14, the Xbox One controller is just not up to the job, shocking manufacturing or design! The Xbox 360 controllers were so much better, rock solid - they've lasted years, I did have Day One controller too :-( 

Question Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 22,941 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey xCAPT HAN SOLOx!

-

You seriously need to stop breaking your controllers! :)  joking aside, what type of failure are you getting? is the left stick getting stuck? losing mobility?  do you hear any rattling in the controller when it fails? does it feel like it just has too much motion or is it breaking completely?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

My extra controller feels a little strange on the left stick when I push it all the way up. It kind of sticks a little then is OK. Nothing major at the moment, but Im keeping an eye on it, as these things are not cheap. In fact, I might take it back to GAME to get it replaced before it fails completely. I'm sure its just a one off. :O)

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the exact same problem on my fourth controller left joystick is always the problem play madden and fifa. If too much pressure is press on the the joystick while you are pressing it in the right direction breaks it. At least this is what has done it for me. Seems as the controller wasn't designed strong enough which is very frustrating.

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft promised that Xbox One controller is better and durable.

Anyway you can request new controller here: myservice.xbox.com/.../managedevice.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

I got the controller with charge kit and left stick went faulty, replaced it at game and now after a week or so the same is happening again.  Left stick feels as if its grinding when i move it to the right.  When playing fifa when i turn i have to let the stick centre itself again before turning fully.  Will have to take this one back as well.  Thing is are game going to keep replacing controllers for me?  I do have extended warranty with them which covers faulty controllers etc.

If i get a new one going to have to stop playing fifa, was ok playing fps games, but as soon as i play i game which involves more motion of the stick it goes faulty again.

Sorry this didn't help.

I to have this problem with 3 controllers now.  My DayOne, and a second I purchased and Its replacement.  It felt as if the left joystick was sticking and the underlaying pad was not on the first controller.  The DayOne and the third controller will recover if I pause and do a quick circle motion but it happens so frequently now it is pointless.  there is also a plastic rattle inside of all three of them.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am also having the same issue. I have had to send my day one controller back twice now. The left stick just cannot withstand any sustained use with a game like FIFA 14. I have contacted Xbox about the fact I have to pay postage to return them each time (Currys can't replace a day one controller), they have said they will refund my postage costs. That's what I would expect but it doesn't solve the problem, these controllers feel very very cheaply made. I am beginning to lose faith with Xbox, I think if it happens again I might just ask them to take the whole thing back and refund me as it is 'Not fit for purpose'.

Sorry this didn't help.

Since launch, TWO of my xbox one controllers have failed and are now essentially useless for gaming.  Which is unfortunate, as that is the main reason I bought an xbox one…seems like a lot of money spent for a giant black box to sit idly on my TV stand.  Both controllers have broken left sticks, both left sticks broke the same way, both are now exhibiting the same failure.  As I see in posts above, I should expect for my replacement controllers to break the same way.  It seems I will be stuck in a never ending loop of needing a replacement controller every month, as that is about how long each controller lasted.

Specifically, the controllers broke while playing madden25…a game that xbox constantly brags and boasts about.  You would think that simply playing a game would not cause a controller to break after such a short period of time…but that is not the case.  The left stick simply can not handle the rapid direction changes.  In both cases when the stick broke, it was from the stick being pushed in and to the right in order to throw a precision pass in madden25.  I don’t intend to push the stick In when playing the game, it just happens due to the sticks weak design and instability.  The stick then gets rotated counter clock wise after the pass is completed (a normal motion required to play this game), and because the stick is pushed in, for some reason something snaps inside the controller and the left stick no longer functions as intended.  I can now hear a clicking sound when I push in the left stick and rotate it around in a full circle, which was not the case prior to the break.  The stick is now unresponsive any time it is clicked “in” which happens very often.  It needs to be physically pulled out in order for it to work again, but this only last until the next time a quick motion is applied to the stick, when it will then break again.

I can not begin to express my disappointment with the xbox one.  I cant explain how I ranted and raved prior to launch and told all my ps4 friends that they were crazy…now I look like an ***.  What a mess, and now I’ll be needing a new controller every 4 weeks?  How dare you release a more expensive controller that has NO BATTERY PACK and cant handle A MONTH of regular gaming before it is NO LONGER USABLE.  You had years to prepare, years to troubleshoot.  How Embarrassing.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same thing here.  Left stick gets stuck and there's a rattling sound.   About to send it back.   Oh...Day One controller.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here.... No point in getting replacement when the initial construction can't take the use of a game like FIFA. They need to redesign the controller and then do a recall.

Sorry this didn't help.