Xbox one controller has broken B button

Just opened my xbox one (purchased today) and the controller it came with is defective. The B button is sticky and does not want to pop back up. I just got off the phone with customer support who let me know that it is a known problem and that they would replace it only after I shipped it to them and paid for the shipping. Pretty crumby service after dropping $500 on a new system. If anybody else has this issue forget about playing your console without going back to the store to buy another controller. This is really a joke. Microsoft I am very disappointed, but at this point not surprised! I was really on the fence about getting the new system all together and now I feel like I should have just passed on this round.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Hello Whitebox213,

I am very sorry to hear that your new Xbox One Controller has a sticking button.  I've read your post, and would suggest that you return to the retailer where you purchased your Xbox One, and exchange your console.  I would be frustrated as well if a Microsoft Support Representative informed me that the only way I could receive a replacement controller would be to send it back to Microsoft at my own cost.  If you don't mind, try this link support.xbox.com/.../contact-us and select the "Chat with Microsoft Support".  I would personally ask why that is the policy (try to be patient!), and if you can escalate your question to a Supervisor.  No company wants to have an unhappy consumer.  If I bought the Xbox One and this happened to me, I would insist that a better solution be found.

Good luck and let us know what path you choose!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.