XBOX ONE CONTROLLER DISCONNECTS RANDOMLY

I use xbox from the first version and i never had so much problems as with XONE....

Since i bought it I have been having a constant problem with my Xbox One where the controller will disconnect during use. Both controller and console are updated at the latest sw version. I've done everything for troubleshooting, following MS indications.

My controller has been replaced and i've sent my console in order to replace the wifi card.

I've also tried with other controller and I've bought play'n'charge thinking that batteries should be the problem.

But the question is simple: I NEVER HAD controller connection problems with my X360 and i think that whatever interference shouldn't be a problem because for X360 it wasn't.

I'm a 6-year Gold user and i think that xbox live has the better online gaming technology at the moment but playing online with controller disconnections is really frustrating!!

Please MS solve this problem because it sounds really weird having to use a cable connected controller to play games in 2015!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

My XONE one was sent to Microsoft 2 times and one time the controller. Yesterday the console arrived from repairing and it has been replaced. After loosing an entire day updating and installing games the issue is still there!That's the most annoying issue I've ever had with a console. This is just ridiculous

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i don't think this issue is being properly addressed with repairs which is why I'm skeptical about sending it in. I have heard of the issue not being there with the 1tb consoles, but the same was said about sunset overdrives white console, that was my first xbox and the issue was there.

It also makes using a headset for game sound unusable without a usb cable attached. I've pretty much accepted thats the best way for me to play to avoid any controller issues.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi JimboJambo86.

Sorry to hear you're having controller disconnect issues. We have a troubleshooter you can run through to help clear up the Xbox One controller disconnects you're experiencing. Be sure to run through all the steps on that page including trying a separate controller. If another controller still has this issue then I'm afraid your console would need to be set up for a repair or replacement over on our Online Service Center.

Because this thread is quite a bit older, be sure to create new threads for any questions you might have. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.