Xbox One Controller Desync issues...

For the last month or two, I've been having issues where my Xbox One controller will become completely unresponsive, or have slow responses. I used to think the issue was with Killer Instinct, as the game has its fair share of bugs, however, lately even when I'm in the menu, the controller can become unresponsive. I've already purchased a new controller and that didn't resolve the issue. As the issue is now happening in other areas besides KI online multiplayer, I know it isn't with KI. I've already performed a soft and hard boot and the issue will get cleared up for a day or so, but then it will come back again.

Should I try a full restore next? I hate to lose much of my content (although my purchases and such would still be saved as it's tied to my account, not the console), but I think this might be my next step, other than calling MS and have them replace the console itself.

Any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 30 Applies to:

Having same problem for past two three weeks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ragnarok & Royal, I'm sorry to hear you're having that problem. I've experienced similar issues when playing other games. Typically, I have chalked the slow responsiveness to the console loading / thinking / completing other tasks.

If the unresponsiveness is occurring during actual game play as opposed to while titles or options are loading this sounds normal. If however the latency is happening during actual game play and it is effecting your ability to play, then I would investigate further via technical support.

Sorry this didn't help.

It happens when I play games watch films all time. This is a £500 console I worked hard for my wages to buy a console that is half finished ? Are you telling me it's okay for it to un sync and have problems in menus ? This is supposed to be new gen console I did not buy it on the pretence it would be laugh throughout all it's used,

Controller de syncing constantly, taking me in and out of gameplay xbox not recognising disks blu rays and games. This Is not acceptable

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you update your controller?

Sorry this didn't help.