Xbox One controller constantly disconnecting

Over the past few months several of my Xbox one controllers steady disconnect while playing. It happened with an older and newer Xbox one controller. Yesterday, I purchased a new Xbox One S and began playing. The controller issue is now happening with the new Xbox as well. I asked a friend of mine about it and he said his Xbox is having the same issue. If I turn the controller off and back on, it works. If I hold the Xbox button down for 15 seconds or so, it begins working again. Just wanted to see if anyone else I having similar issues. I've taken all the normal support steps already including resetting my console, updating firmware, etc. Any suggestions are welcomed.
|

Hello Burns2Death, Have you used the same battery pack or AA batteries in both the old and new controller?  I've had connection issues with controllers before and it was with a faulty battery pack.  Have you tried a wired connection? Please let me know.

Default Exploit

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Burns2Death, Have you used the same battery pack or AA batteries in both the old and new controller?  I've had connection issues with controllers before and it was with a faulty battery pack.  Have you tried a wired connection? Please let me know.

Default Exploit

Thanks Default. Yes i have used new batteries in each. No battery packs. I have not tried a wireless controller, but may try that next. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It may be the type of batteries being used. Are they designated as being LR6 batteries?  Try using a micro usb cable and see if the issues do indeed still persist.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Burns2Death

This is a common problem with wireless controllers

Please make sure you always install the latest firmware

I also had disconnection issues with my controller but I've managed to sort out mine. Cellphones are a major culprit with wireless interference. Since I no longer have my cellphone close to my controller, I no longer have disconnection issues.

Another culprit is third party wireless headsets. Some of them have wireless dongles which also causes disconnection issues.

Also, since the last/latest firmware update for my controller, the connectivity is much more stable. Below is a guide on how to update the firmware:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/update-xbox-wireless-controller

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This use to happen with my elite controller. I just used the usb cable that it came with and it works fine

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Burns2Death

This is a common problem with wireless controllers

Please make sure you always install the latest firmware

I also had disconnection issues with my controller but I've managed to sort out mine. Cellphones are a major culprit with wireless interference. Since I no longer have my cellphone close to my controller, I no longer have disconnection issues.

Another culprit is third party wireless headsets. Some of them have wireless dongles which also causes disconnection issues.

Also, since the last/latest firmware update for my controller, the connectivity is much more stable. Below is a guide on how to update the firmware:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/update-xbox-wireless-controller

I'll give the USB cable a try to see if it is interference.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This problem seems to exist regardless of the batteries used or everything being up to date. I've managed to get it to stop happening for a week or so by configuring my controller. I've also assigned my controller to my profile. the only way to genuinely stop the issue all together has been to continue using the cord connection. it does seem that the more wireless or blutooth devices activated and running within proximity to the Xbox, the more connection issues wireless devices (regardless of their quality) seem to have.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sounds to me like you're having some wireless interference either from your phone or from your router being too close to your Xbox try moving it away and see if the problem goes away. 

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 6, 2021 Views 8,376 Applies to: