Xbox one controlled disconnects!

I have an Xbox one and 3 controllers with play and charge kits. Every time I play a game online my controller turns off after a few minutes along with my guest controller. It starts flashing and then kicks me out of the match and says I have no internet connection. When I want to turn back on my controller it only sometimes turns back on, but more regularly I have to shut off and reboot the entire Xbox to connect it again. The kinect also shuts off and does not show a light when this happens! Please help!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It sounds like you have some faulty hardware.. May I suggest getting in contact with Microsoft and inquire about a console replacement or repair?

wait... it should not kick you from a match.. only "controller is disconnected"  Something is not right there with your system..  WIFI or Wired for the net?

For the controllers, see if this helps.

It is all WiFi. Our Internet is OK but not super great. It did it just now I was typing this. It kicked me out of the match and told me I am not connected to the Xbox live.

Can you go with a wired connection (temporarily to test) and see if the xbox live dropping continues?

My internet is on the opposite side of my house 2 rooms away. We have satellite internet so do you think it is just too spotty or an Xbox problem? I have seen stuff about the WiFi board inside needing to be replaced? But my question now is why do the controllers and kinect shut off when it happens??

You should try to test on a wired connection if you can, can't you move the console and a small tv to the router/modem just to test? I am not sure about the controllers/kinnect, sounds like a hardware issue. But, you should try to just test with wired connection and see if you are still getting booted from live. Your internet and/or router might have issues.

Ok I will. Thank you for the help! I'll try that out on a little TV. It got to the point where every 1 minute today it would kick me out! Not good

You can buy real cheap 30+ meter ethernet cables off amazon. Might be worth grabbing one and trailing it to where the X1 is.

Adding to what Goat said, you can also get cheap ones off Monoprice. I use one for my network setup and it has been going on strong for all the time I've had it.