Xbox One Constantly Freezes! After Downloading Gears of War Beta!

Ive been dealing with my xbox one constantly freezing...I downloaded the Gears of war beta and after I played it and shut out of it my xbox began to freeze everything became lagged and now barley works. My games take 2x longer to install which I now have to install all of them again after I did a factory reset, ive cleared all my caches and deleted my account from the xbox. Ive been in contact with multiple xbox support members and nothing they have suggested works. I cant play a game without my xbox freezing or giving me a black screen of loading. I have witnesses who all know this didn't start happening until I downloaded that beta, I was told that I would have to send my xbox in with 135$ to get it repaired if they could if not then they would send me a refurbished and hope that one works. My concern is why should I have to pay for something that i downloaded and messed up my machine from xbox themselves. I was in contact with customer support on twitter tonight and was told to come over and see if anyone in this Preview Program has any idea how to fix this. Attached is a video showing what is all happening!

If anyone has any ideas or any inputs on how to solve this issue please let me know, im at a loss and im getting real frustrated from being tossed around and led around a bush. just looking for some help and answers!

Thank you for your time!  Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g04udarXwy0

-Saptaprun-

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

How do you even know this was caused by the GOW beta? Just because this happened to your console a little while after you downloaded the beta doesn't mean that it caused this problem. Other people have had this same issue too.

www.ign.com/.../Xbox_One_Freeze

www.gamespot.com/.../xbox-one-keeps-going-black-screen-and-games-keep-c-31132917

www.gamefaqs.com/.../70148933

www.reddit.com/.../laggingfreezing_dashboard_normal_or_bad_xbox

forums.xbox.com/.../1631750.aspx

You're not alone bud. I honestly have no idea what's the problem, I know that it's probably not from the GOW beta though. Alot of the users with the problem were solving it by unplugging everything for 15 seconds. Have you tried that? I'd get it a replacement if you're still under warranty.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry to hear it.  Have you tried power cycling the console by holding the power button on it for 10 seconds until it shuts down?

Usually issues like this are caused by a full cache that power cycling will solve.

Sorry this didn't help.

I know that my xbox was working properly before I downloaded said beta I have friends to prove it started after downloading the beta, I have tried powering it off and all of the jazz and still nothing works.

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't see how downloading something to the Xbox can do that. That doesn't make sense. I'm telling you man, I really don't think it was caused by that. Wouldn't uninstalling the game  fix it then, if that was the problem? and you said you did a factory reset...

Sorry this didn't help.

Well think about it a file is a file no matter where you put it there could just of easily been a file that was corrupted some how when I downloaded it and it could be affecting the whole console and yes ive done factory reset cleared all the caches turned on power saving mode reset unplugged all the bells and whistles and all the other hoops to jump through and still not one person can give me an answer or explanation of to why this has happened to my xbox and why it happened after downloading something, my xbox had no problem what so ever before I installed it and now I cant even get on to play a game or even update a game without it freezing half way through an install and not moving until the hard reset is done.

Sorry this didn't help.

No idea man, haven't seen anyone else with this problem and I've been googling it for 15 minutes now. Hope you get help eventually get help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Does anyone from xbox even look at these fourms?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey saptaprun,

I've been experiencing this problem too. Actually, it started exactly one day after the 8th July update. Couldn't find a solution for it yet. Also, I have not installed the Gears of War Beta, so I think the problem ins't related to that.

Sorry this didn't help.

That's what I tried telling him but he's hell bent on that it's somehow the gears beta.... It's just a coincidence that it started happening after he downloaded it. There's lots of people with his same problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Exactly. I just hope that Microsoft address this issue soon.

Sorry this didn't help.