Xbox one console keeps shutting off

For some reason my console keeps turning off by itself. It will start playing a game and then all of a sudden it turns off. Happens everytime I try to do anything. One time it even happen when I wasn't doing anything. Any help would be nice. I've tried restoring it to factor settings and doing the setup again still same problem

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8,020 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey there taylorosso!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already.  This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you.  Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried.  Thanks in advance!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I too have just had a faulty xbox that magicly keeps turning itself off. Worked great for a few hours of gameplay out of the box, but now the problem has become so bad it turns off after a few seconds of being switched on.

I have noticed that the PSU seems pretty cheap and nasty compared to the 360 one, the IEC lead doesn't even fit that snug.

Sorry this didn't help.

I did the update and had the same problem.  Had to restore factory defaults.  What a pain because then I have to reinstall my game too.  I don't have time to spend a couple of hours reinstalling games.  Microsoft needs to get it's act together.

Sorry this didn't help.

My xbox one keeps turning it self of or sending it back to the home page !! Ive noticed it only start to mess up when the update patch came out for the xbox one ! :) maybe check into that !? Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

i just got off the phone with the hardware department and i told them about all the noises and other problems that have been going on if they are aware of these and they said no they are not aware of these problems. i asked if they even looked at the forms on just XBOX ONE problems and they said they have not even been looking at the forms. i told him to start looking at them and told him to pass it on to head Microsoft people to look at the forms. cuz most of the problems going on they dont even know about or heard about. i told the dude that there is lots and lots of people having these problems and there all one the forms, so he better start looking at them. -You people need to start calling them and telling them these things.

Sorry this didn't help.

Mine keeps turning off after 5 seconds. It only worked for an hour which was spent with problems loading update. I ordered a replacement console but I think I am going to buy a new power supply.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem.  I received a replacement from Microsoft and it did not fix the problem. Since two different consoles are doing the exact same thing, I don't think it is due to the console itself.  I'm hoping it is the power supply (which I am now sending in for a replacement, since they aren't sold separately right now).  I don't know what else it could be, if it isn't the power supply.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've been helping my friend with his Xbox one (I dared not pre-order it knowing stuff like this would happen. Until the bugs get worked out I won't buy it yet.) Anywho, we left the darn thing alone for a bit, made sure it wasn't hot. Adjusted cords, nothing was loose. It powered on for about a half hour before dying, so finally we decided that him requesting a replacement/repair for the console was the best thing.

In all honesty I think the only thing going to fix these issues are replacements/repairs. Till then I guess people just have to wait it out. :/ Much to the regret I have saying it. I cannot help digress the odd increasing severity of such issues, it seems almost everyone is having them. At least the warranty covers repair/replacement right? Haha.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I've been having the same issue.  Does this power cycle trick work?

Sorry this didn't help.

REK 1 thank you brother... You have breathed life in to my lifeless console!

Sorry this didn't help.