XBOX One consistently losing network connection.

I am writing this post in reference to my cousin's several month old XBOX One that is at our grandparent's house. The XBOX 360 that was previously in this same location never had this issue, as well as any laptop, smartphone, etc. in the same exact location. The XBOX One consistently loses connection to the wireless network. It is consistently (intervals of 10-20 minutes) disconnecting to the wireless network, but will reconnect either by itself a minute later, or it must be restarted (even if we go into the network settings and reconnect it). We've checked the bandwidth on the XBOX many times, and it is always significantly lower than the speed other devices get (only about 20-30% of what others get). We do not have a way to run an ethernet cable to the room, but we have still tested the speed again over ethernet and the speed is still only about half of what every other ethernet-capable device can get. The Microsoft support representative didn't think it was a hardware issue as the device still gets a connection, but I am still surprised that it gets less speed that every other device, including an older smartphone. I will not be able to get to the XBOX for a few days, but I am planning on trying to open the suggested ports on the network and attempt to clear the XBOX's system cache (again). Does anyone support attempting these two and/or have any other suggestions? Thank you!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

a few things to try;

Change the security type on for your wireless

Change the Channel your wireless is using

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the response, We've already tried resetting the modem, and we switched the security type from WEP to WPA2. What do you mean by the wireless channel?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.