Xbox one connection!

I have just got the xbox one for Christmas and I have been riddled with problems! The connection is never stable, I can stay on xbox live and not do anything with it, but as soon as I go to play a game on fifa online I get to the 5th minute then I disconnect from xbox live and then reconnect right away the same happens with ryse son of Rome. What Country/State/Province do you live in? UK Modem brand & model number: Belkin- F5D8636-4 V2 Router brand & model number: Wired or wireless: wireless Things you have tried: Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/ Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type? No/open Any Error Codes you encounter: Who is your ISP?(Internet Service Provider): BT I had the xbox 360, I had no problems at all with that had great connection 24/7 the one however can't keep a decent connection and my network statistics on the xbox are completely different to if I measure them on the computer Things to note: -port forwarding used to no success - open nat type -UPnP enabled -static IP address on the xbox -download speed:19mbs, upload 11mbs, latency 67 - the above speeds and latency completely change for the worse when measured on the xbox Some please help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I would go ahead and try to wire it with Ethernet cable so you can determine if you have a wireless problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Okay cheers, I'll give that ago

Sorry this didn't help.

On a wired connection the network stats are great and match the ones on the computer but a wired connection isn't a solution because I can't have it all the time any more help would be excellent

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings Pandaa!
Could you have your console's network settings set to obtain IP and DNS automatic.

Visit Belkin website and make sure your wireless gateway is up-to-date with the latest version of firmware (F5D8636-4 V2). Whenever you update the software version for your router, make sure you reset this device to factory defaults after it has been updated.

Access the Utility interface of your router and make sure UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is turned on.

You can also try change the wireless channel manually on your wireless router, to see if the wireless signal strength will improve. Experiment with the following channels (that are non-overlapping channels): 1, 6, 11

Post back and let us know how that goes. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Although this didn't work very well it still helped improve my signal strength some what! Thank you!

I am using a bridged connection between my laptop and xbox to boost signal strength etc and it is work very well and I would recommend it to anyone struggling with the same problem I was having

Sorry this didn't help.

Glad to hear that you've managed to get it sorted.

Happy gaming and play safe! 

Sorry this didn't help.