xbox one connection to TV keeps breaking up

I recently bought myself a brand new, Halo 5 Xbox one earlier today. After setting it up and getting everything installed and connecting my Hard drive i decided i would end my night with some Netflix (No chill). Sadly, within minutes of starting to watch netflix, i noticed that every so often the screen would go blank as if the HDMI lead was not connected, and then immediately reconnect and carry on displaying what it should with no interruptions in program.

This issue gradually grew over the space of an hour to the point where, instead of being a noticeable flicker of disconnection, its now several seconds of nothing before it reconnects.  

Ive checked the HDMI connections on both my xbox and my tv. Swapped out the HDMI wire with one that is definitely working along with using the new wire on an old Xbox one to ensure it definitely wasn't the wire. And ive also used a different TV but it all seems to be linked to the xbox one console itself.

Can anyone offer any suggestions. Like i said this cost me alot and ive literally only had it since midday today. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Sorry to hear it.  Unfortunately this does sound like an issue with the console since you've tried all the troubleshooting steps that would have been suggested.

What I would recommend is returning the console to the store for an exchange to see if another one has the same issues.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.