Xbox One Chat Headset

My Xbox One headset is broken. Again. I contacted support and they will not help me replace it. It is the second headset I've owned for the Xbox One, the first one that came  with the console stopped working, and I had to purchase a replacement, which has also stopped working. I am lost at what I can possibly do to get some sort of help or compensation from Xbox. Here's a short piece from my conversation with support:

So basically my problem is that I purchased a $500 console, had a piece of hardware that came with it break, spent another $25 on a replacement piece, which has also malfunctioned in the same way, and there's nothing Xbox can do to help me out? I also purchased a headset adapter for my stereo headset which does not work with my stereo headset, for a console that, again cost $500, won't read discs properly which is an issue that support has told me cannot be fixed because the xbox is out of warranty.

I would have even taken a coupon for some sort of discount on a replacement headset as compensation for this. I've been playing on xbox since the first console, purchased 3 different xbox 360s because of the red ring problem, and still bought xbox one because it's where I like to play my games. Now I can't continue to do that because of this hardware that stops me from being able to communicate with my friends and use the console correctly.

This is all completely true. This gamertag has been active on live since Xbox 360, but I had a separate one for the original xbox which was lost. After talking to support there isn't anything that they will offer me. I even own a PS4, which collects dust because of my preference for xbox. My chat with support ended with absolutely no feelings of empathy felt from the company. What do I do now? I guess I throw this $25 headset in the garbage and go spend another $25 on another headset so that it too can break in a few months and I'll go buy another one.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

same problem here !!!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

this problem was introduced with the last dashboard update, you could the only solution that works so far is to use a complete wireless headset like the turtlebeach stealth 500x, as these are not connected to the controller for the partychat/gamesound. there is also another problem with the controllers having a disconnection problem that happens randomly.

IF you are not keen on getting the wireless headset there get a play and charge kit have your controller hooked up with the usb cable for it to act as a wired controller and use either the MS stereo chat adapter or the built in 3.5mm jack for the newer controllers.this lessens the disconnection issue. and if a disconnection happens check in the settings/devices and accessories if the controller is assigned to you if not assign it and your mic should be registering for the chat.

Sorry this didn't help.

The problem is with the cable in the headset, it stops receiving audio unless the cable is held a certain way

Sorry this didn't help.

So the other thread is locked huh? Well I'll say my problem here. All I want is a solution. I was talking to my friend when my mic suddenly stopped working. I can hear my friend but they couldnt hear me. I know my mic is fine. I took care of it well. I also cant send voice messages. Now im not going to buy another mic because people have said they went through 3 already and nothing. Same with controller. If i dont get a solution i just want to know what the problem is. Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here. I have two controllers and two mics. Both mics have the same problem on each controller. I can hear people fine but my headsets won't pick up my voice at all. Xbox support has offered no good solution at all and I'm stuck not being able to talk to my friends. It's terrible.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem as above. I saw that there was a new update for the Xbox Preview Program members. Could that be affecting it? I don't want to buy a new controller.

Sorry this didn't help.