XBOX ONE Chat headset. Issue, Can hear but won't register my sound.

First off, yes I know other threads of the same topic are up but I don't want my post to be lost in those threads.

Issue: When plugged in, with the party app snapped I can see myself the mic symbol beside the lock symbol on the top right. I have no error messages in the snapped part app where it says my mic is not plugged in or nat issues. Everything in this app is fine. The circle beside my tag is there but grey ( not lit)

In a party of 4. I can hear the 3 others but when I try to talk my circle does not light up like normal. Yes it is not muted, the obvious orange led light is turned off. I and many others know this simple task of unmuting the headsets.

How it happened: Good question. Well, here's the kicker. I have no idea. I played destiny while in party chat for a couple of hours in the early afternoon. Everything was fine. Took a break for an hour. Simply like always. Turned the xbox off and placed my controller with mic down on my desk. I did not throw it down, I did not drop it down, I did not bend any wires, simple put I was not rough with any of the accessories.

After coming back from break I rejoin the party and people are having their conversations. I join in only to realize know one was responding to me. Hence noticing that the mic circle was not lighting up as I talked.

What did I try:

Hard reset, held power button down for a long time until it restarted

Tried 2 other controllers

Checked  network diagnostics. Nat is perfect

Update console controller w/ mic, basically everything is at maxed update

Unplugged everything from the xbox and left it for half an hour

Assigned it to another profile to see if that had anything to do with it, nope

Am I missing something? How does a mic just stop working to full capacity just within a short hour?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 21 Applies to:
Answer

Hey everyone!

I am truly sorry to hear about the issue with the headset not registering sound. We are currently looking into this issue here. When you get a chance, please check out this thread and be sure to try all of the troubleshooting steps that I have included. If the issue continues after trying the listed steps, be sure to send me a private message. Thanks in advance!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.