XBOX ONE cannot see my wifi?

please help our Xbox One cannot see my wifi, I have been previously connected however been on holiday and now wil not.

sometimes it sees the wifi but will not connect

anyone have any suggestions please?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

I have had this problem many times. On holidays everyone always gets the video game they always wanted or a new Xbox. This results in a very crammed server. This has nothing to do with the strength of your wifi, the Xbox Live server gets crammed, therefore you can not use the wifi because there are way too many people using it. So far I do not know any solutions but I was back online the next day. Another scenario could be that Xbox Live is down the console has been unplugged. The Xbox should connect automatically but if not you can test the wifi and it will tell you the problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi PJayLucas,

Sorry you're having issues with your wifi. Xbox Live status really doesn't have anything to do with your WiFi detection. First try a hard reset. With the Xbox on hold the power button down for 10 seconds until it's off. Then turn it back on to test. If that doesn't work go into your router, and first change the channel of your wifi. There could be some interference. If that doesn't work try changing the type of security. Your choises are likely WEP WPA and WPA2. I recommend doing WEP last as its the least secure. If you have problems making these changes please contact your ISP or router manufacturer for support.

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.