Xbox One can't connect to router while all other electronics can

since Wednesday my X1 has not been able to connect to my router, all my other consoles (X360, WiiU, Ps4) and my mac connect just fine, they are all in the same place the same distance from the router. Whenever I enter the correct wifi password is says that the network isn't set up, I have reset and turned on and off my router multiple times can anyone help?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 35 Applies to:

I would try unplugging your other devices and use ONLY the Xbox One with your network. Try to see if it will connect by itself with nothing else connected. If it still doesn't work, it's probably an internal problem. If it works, it probably means you have too many devices connected (not enough bandwidth).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am also having a similar problem,

Other devices are connected fine and there have been no issues with connectivity until today.  I have tried every troubleshooting tip to no avail.  I am just so confused as to what to do.

I have reset my router

I have double, triple and even quadruple checked to see if my MAC is being filtered

Yes, I have checked to see if my password is correct many, many times

I have turned off the security on my router

I have tried to use a wired connection and the X1 keeps grabbing a signal but dropping it just as fast.

I have even listed my X1 as being top priority on my router.

If it helps I am using a linksys WRT1900AC router.

I hope someone has an idea as to what may be going on.  I hope my X1 has not taken a crap......

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh! and when I connect to the network and put the password in it tells me to check my network and/or password and reconnect.

Trust me they are all correct. I am using them and even disconnected and reconnected on other devices (such as my phone and PC) using the same exact network and password that the xbox is rejecting.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Are you guys using static IP's or DHCP, sounds like the IP that the X1 is being assigned has already been distributed.  I would try as Moeller17 has suggest and remove the other device connections (if possible).

Failing that if your router has the functionality, set the X1 into the DMZ this will ensure there is no potential firewall issue. If this does let you connect please don't use this as a long term solution this basically removes a layer of protection for external attacks.

Sorry this didn't help.