xbox one backwards compatibility.

Does anyone have anything like facts about the backwards compatibility feature for the xbox one?  The pretty but useless promotion page on the website is as you would expect, of no real use in answering my questions.

When will we be able to play our 360 games on our new console?  According to their website I should be able to play my mass effect on the new console even as we speak, and nothing, all that's listed in the ready to install window are games with gold selections and since my xbox gold account is going to be down for another month that does jack to help me.  Supposedly theres an emulator that is installed that helps you do it but I haven't seen it.

Does anyone have a hard date for when we can expect the emulator or should I wait until February and try again?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:
Answer

Sorry to hear you're having problems.  If you are currently in the preview program you will be able to test out the backwards compatibility feature and should be posting this to the preview forums.

forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

If you are not in the preview program then you would need to wait until the feature is released to the public.  I'm not sure exactly when this will happen but have heard that it will be this fall.  Possibly October or November sometime.

Please be patient and they will get this out as soon as they can.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.