Xbox one backwards compatibility

Hey!

I know we are all excited because our 360 games can finally play on our xbox one, but there are a few things I am worried about that may not make it as great!

Now, we know that if we bought a game off the 360 store then it will appear on our Xbox one game hub in the 360 section, same with if we install a disc to the Xbox. However what about DLC (Downloadable content)? I mean if we bought it from the store then yeah it should move over but is that guaranteed?  Also I'm sure many of us have bought the Game Of the Year addition to some games so we can have all the DLC in case we do not have a Xbox live account. Therefore, would the DLC install discs on the game of the year additions work on the Xbox one to be able to download the DLC? I would rather not have to either buy the DLC again or play a game that is a lot more fun with the DLC and not have it.

I would really like to play my Skyrim DLC's and any others but do not want to pay for them again so if this is a feature that is not here yet, could it possibly be added in the future?

Thank You,

sznooze80

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:
Answer

Hey there sznooze80!

Backwards compatibility is in development (Yay!), Preview program members have access to this currently, but only certain games are allowed.  Read more here!  I would assume DLCs' are transferring as well, but as for your question about paying for it again, no you wont pay for it again because your account will have already purchased it, it wont charge you twice for the same DLC/Game/Item. And just so you know Skyrim is not yet on the transfer list, but probably will be added soon.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.