Xbox One - April Update Issue (View Friends Online)

Hello all,

After I updated to the April Update (At least I think I did... I had to put a 1000mb install on it), my "View Friends Online" is now written in what looks like Icelandic. All functionality remains but the view friends online writing is oddly in weird symbolic letters.

Just thought I should let you know!

Best regards

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Isn't there a private forum to discuss beta update issues? We cannot help you here.

Hi there,

any xbox one dashboard preview related issues/bugs can be reported in the preview forums here: forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

I tried posting to that private group but when I click the link I get "Group Not Found

The requested Group cannot be found"

That's why I had to post it in here. Sorry for the confusion!

It may not be the April preview, the last update to the update for the April preview was 1.6g, although I not been on my xbox today so could have come through this morning.

are you in the beta preview program ?

@KingBensone please try and contact one of the Forum Support people to ask for access to those forums

Also be aware that you are currently in the Community discussion forums and not the support forums, which could be a better place to find one of the support people

@f00xm4n Yeah im in the beta review program. It was a pretty large update to just randomly come out without notice. Ill contact Forum Support. Thanks everyone!

@KingBensone the update was announced via the preview forums, but I can understand it looked like it came out without notice, since you can't access the preview forums (yet)

Yeah thats why I am pretty sure it is the april update. Just because I am part of the beta program and it was a large update. Looking to get in touch with them to go to preview forums.

Yes I have the same issue aswell, the text is being substituted fro accented characters and symbols.

I can't get into the Beta Forums either to read or do any posts. Also can't figure out how to contact Forum Support. If you get a lead on that could you share it with me KingBensone? I'd really appreciate it.