XBox One and Media Center with ATSC/OTA Channels?

I have the following setup:
Tuner - SiliconDust HDHomeRun2 (Dual Tuner - Network tuner device)
Media Center PC (Running Windows 7) using the HDHomeRun2 Tuner
Xbox One - connected between the Media Center PC and the TV via HDMI cables

This does work, but only "kind of". I have a few problems here:

1: The Setup for the Media Center PC tests it by powering it off. Then the Xbox complains about losing the TV signal. Why not use another command? Channel up/down for example? This would prevent the frustration of having to re-start the PC and get it back to the MC Interface to continue.

2: When HD channels are in the lineup, the Xbox One CANNOT select them! I have no "plain" channels, all of them have a ".x" as part of the channel number. For example, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, etc. The Xbox One shows these in the OneGuide, but does NOT select them. They drop the .x part (so it tries 3 for 3.2, 9 for 9.3, etc) which does NOT work.  This appears to be a BUG since I can select "Antenna" as the source, Media Center PC as the STB, and it tries to work. It sends the commands to the Media Center (you see the blue Media Center overlay show up, and you see the channel number entered, but only the part before the . ). I see this as a huge issue as my (now former) DirecTV tuner also used the .x channels for local channels.

If #2 could be fixed, I'd be happy. Ideally, if the Xbox One could use the HDHomeRun2 directly, that would be even better.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Have you found a solution for this?

I fixed this by changing the channels in the Media center from being 4.1 to 4.0.  I still can't get to the x.2 x.3 x.4 channels but who watches those anyways.  Working great now