Xbox One and Lightning

Monday night there was a thunderstorm at my house. Lo and behold my dsl line got struck by lightning and now my Xbox will not turn on. When I try to turn it on it makes the normal noise, but the light will not turn on.  I have done all of the trouble shooting and I believe that it is shot. It is warrantee as I have owned it for over a year.  What can I do with it? Can Microsoft or a third party fix it? Where could I trade it in for a decent amount? 

Thanks! 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 217 Applies to:

Hi JEWxFARMER, 

Sorry you're having issues with your Xbox. Does the power supply light turn on or stay off? Are you plugged into a power strip, or are you plugged in directly to the wall? If you're plugged into a power strip, please bypass this, and then plug directly into the wall. 

With the warranty, if you've had the Xbox for over one year, and you did not purchase the Complete Care from Microsoft, then you're likely out of warranty. Now they will repair the console for just over 100.00. I would by no means use a 3rd party repair service for these ever. They will break the seal on your console, do some DYI fix that may or may not work, and after that, you will not be able to get your console repaired by Microsoft for any discount what so ever, as they'll see it was tampered with. So my advice is to go to the link below, and do a service through that. 

Xbox Service Center

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have plugged it into multiple oulets and strips.  The power supply light is orange then turns white for a second when I try to turn on the xbox but then goes back to orange.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi JEWxFARMER

It sounds like you may just have a bad power supply from that surge. If you follow that link I posted you can get another one. I don't know the exact price, but I think they're around $50.00. 

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you ever get this issue fixed. Im have the same issue. Also from lightning. Got my new power cord and still not working. Makes the noise doesn't light up or turn on.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Element 

Sorry you're having issues with your console. If you've replaced your power supply, you're plugged directly into your power outlet,  and your console still isn't booting, then you likely will need to submit a repair here

P.S. As this thread is pretty old the OP likely has their answer. If you have additional questions about your issue please create a new thread so the community can help with your exact issue. 

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey ElementNinja805!

Unfortunately it sounds like your Xbox One console will need to be sent in for repair if a newer power supply didn't sort the issue out. Since this is an older thread, go ahead and follow Hydro Skillet's post to start the repair process.

Be sure to post a new thread if you experience any issues in the future! :)

Sorry this didn't help.