Xbox One & Controller Scratched out of the Box

Hey everyone, sorry for the bother.

I bought an xbox one from a local best buy a few days ago and upon opening it I found the gloss to be littered with scratches. To be honest, as I have returned a couple of consoles due to faulty parts prior to this one, I cannot exchange anymore (it is literally on the bill). I was wondering if it is worth returning or if I should stick it out. Personally, I am a bit peeved about it as it is not the first time this is happened, however I would still like opinions from the community.

Also it is important to mention that I am from Ontario, Canada.

Thank you!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 66 Applies to:

No. Return it to Best Buy asap. Your not obligated to receive damaged merchandise. They can easily exchange it within their return policy. But again it's your choice.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've done so on a few occasions and as a result, it is written on my bill that no further exchanges will be allowed. I don't know if returns count, but I am trying to find that out

Sorry this didn't help.

Sales of goods act means the product you buy is as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose which means due to your controller being scracted you are entitled to a replacement or a refund, the store have no legal precedent to refuse you a replacement or refund no matter what the store states on the receipt.

Take it in to the store tomorrow and tell them that the sales of goods act 1979 means they can't refuse to give you a replacement or a refund for a faulty unsatisfactory product that is not as described.

Sorry this didn't help.

I shall in a couple of days, honestly I am frustrated with my local best buy and refuse to continue shopping there.

I guess now I'll just wait a little bit and then return it.

Sorry this didn't help.