Xbox One Advanced Warfare Issues. Hard Reset Needed?

Hello everyone, hoping someone might be able to help me with an issue I've been having on Advanced Warfare.

Before I explain my issue. My question is, Do I need to hard reset my console?

Apologies in advanced about the explaination below seeming weird as I think in order for someone here to possibly help me I need to explain in detail for readers to understand the issue.

I've been playing Advanced warfare zombies for some time now and in this instance I will be talking specifically about the Zombies map "Infection" and a part regarding it's easter egg.

Part of the easter egg requires the player to obtain an arm from the crocodile in the sewer. I've completed this easter egg now 7 times and upon trying to complete again I'm having trouble with this specific part failing in what I think is an issue with data for Cod saved locally to my own console.

Basically before I would activate the croc, shot it with an explosive weapon, killing the croc instantly and obtaining the arm to continue the easter egg. Now when I follow the exact same procedure as before my explosive weapon once shot, will go straight through the croc not killing it. Ive wasted maybe 5/6 hours in the last few days getting to this part of the egg only not being able to go any further due to the croc seemly becoming somewhat invincible.

Now after wasting so much time failing at this part, I just decided to join a few random players working on the easter egg on this map. Only to find that when we got to the same part as I was had issues with, I activated the croc and was able to kill it straight away. Yes I was using the same technique as I previously failed on.

Let me also say that when I was failing myself I was hosting the games. Only when I joined randomers and connected to another host, I was not experiencing any issues with the game at all.

So after I completed the easter egg with these players, I decided to do a quick game with a friend. I hosted the game. Upon hosting this game myself, working our way until the crocodile part I was once again stumped with the invincible croc issue.

This sort of testing leads me to believe that some internal data in relation to call of duty advanced warfare on my own console has some sort of issues.

All my advanced warfare content and game is currently be ran from a 3TB external drive.

So, I'm thinking would a hard reset fix this problem I'm having or is there anything else that might fix this issue. I've also thought about deleting advanced warfare and all Dlc for the title from the console and reinstalling.

Help would be much appreciated  and thanks for taking the time to read :) 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

I would defantly try the hardreset first

You can do this by holding down the glowing power button on the front of the xbox 1 for about 5 secs

The light on the power pack will flash orange  to let you know you held the power button down for long anuff.

If that dont work the only thing i can think of trying is like you said maybe removing the game and reinstalling it

Anyway hope the hardreset works for you and happy gaming

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.