xbox one 5 times now

why do i keep on giving Xbox so many second chances the day after getting my xbox one i took it back to the retailer as the fan was grinding 3 moths  later i brakes again so i send it to Xbox get it back and it still ha the same faults and the hard drive starts clicking and the power and eject buttons stopped working yes it came back worse. so i sent it back to Xbox after being told i would be replaced which it wasn't surprise surprise. still the fan and the hard drive were broken the problem i sent it to them with in the first place with so i send it back to them after being promised it would be replaced which it finally was but the fan grinding again so what do i do send it back to them for the 5th  time. and just hope it comes back working which it probably won't  but wait it doesn't stop there that god dam power brick which given the size of the xbox one i can't understand why it isn't integrated in to the console like a certain competitor has being doing for years. but any thats not the problem my console kept on turning off and when i looked at the psu lite it was off so i rang Xbox and they told me to send it into them and they would replace it which the did but the noise the new one made was atrocious that time i took it back to the retailer who replaced. i but wait more problems oh yes the play and charge kit so simple but to have 2 of them break it the same way now we have gone through everything but the controller shorley there could be nothing wrong with that no but there is the left thumb stick has excessive wear and it wobbles but that seems to a common problem with them. and if anyone from xbox is reading this why am i being let down so much very pore 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I can totally understand your frustration, I have had issues with other devices, although electronic devices that are massed produced there will always be X % of them that are or become defective before expected.

it's just how it is and has always been I'm afraid fella, hopefully you get a non-faulty replacement soon and can then enjoy your gaming

how every time i get a xbox one back from xbox it is either worse than when i sent it to them or with the same problems i sent it to them

worse case if you live in the UK you can always take the console back to store you purchased from with your receipt/proof of purchase and get a full refund .. if this is your 5th time of issues then you will be entitled to a full refund under the consumer rights act.

k it was brought over a year ago but they keep on giving me 90 days of extra warranty as it every time it gets repaired. but i'm not sure whether to send my story to bbc watchdog as the other day i was looking through another form room and i saw another case just like mine

all depends, it comes with a years manufacturing warranty, that's with the manufacturer.  usually get a refund under 28 days or the store can discretionally swap it for another, they do not have to give a refund, if you prove it was a manufacturing fault then the store can choose to replace, repair or give a credit note.  

Returning faulty goods

If you buy a product that turns out to be faulty, you can choose to reject it which means you can give it back and get a refund.

But, the law only gives you a reasonable time to do this – what's reasonable depends on the product and how obvious the fault is.

However, even with major purchases or complex items, it’s safest to work on the basis you usually have no more than three to four weeks from when you receive it to reject it.

Getting faulty goods replaced or repaired

You have the right to get faulty goods replaced or repaired if it's too late to reject them. You can ask the retailer to do either, but they can normally choose to do whatever would be cheapest.

Under the Sale of Goods Act, the retailer must either repair or replace faulty goods 'within a reasonable time but without causing significant inconvenience'.

If the seller doesn't do this, you're entitled to claim either:

• a reduction on the purchase price, or
• your money back, minus an amount for the usage you've had of the goods (called recision)

If the retailer refuses to repair the goods, and they won't replace them either, you may have the right to arrange for someone else to repair your item, and then claim compensation from the retailer for the cost of doing this.

You have six years to take a claim to court for faulty goods in England, Wales and Northern Ireland; in Scotland you have five years.

Proving your claim for faulty goods

If your claim under the Sale of Goods Act ends up in court, you may have to prove that the fault was present when you bought the item and not, for example, something which was the result of normal wear and tear.

If your claim is about a problem that arises within six months of buying the product, it's up to the retailer to prove that the goods were of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose, or as described when it sold them.

For example, by showing that the problem was caused by an external factor such as accidental damage.

Expert's reports

Beyond six months, it's up to you to prove that the problem was there when you received the goods even if it has taken until now to come to light.

So, you may need to prove that the fault was not down to ordinary wear and tear or damage you caused, and that the product (or a component) should have lasted longer than it did.

To do this you may need an expert's report, for example, from an engineer or a mechanic.

Always try to keep the cost of any report proportionate to the value of the claim and, if you can, try to agree on an expert you and the seller both agree has the necessary expertise.

i dont want my money back i just want a working console

i dont want my money back i just want a working console but it seams that is too much to ask from xbox

I'm on my 5th xbox one.I went through 16 xbox 360's & 3 og xbox's.

It happens,you just got a bit unlucky.