Xbox One 'fixes in the works' list

Perhaps Microsoft already has this online somewhere and I cannot find it.  If not, wouldn't it be nice if Microsoft was a little more open and acknowledged some of the current issues owners are having? It would be great if they had a list of items that they were tackling and would be a goal for: The next patch, the near future or, TBD.  At least this way with all of the complaints people have voiced, some of them may be silenced if we knew that MS was soon to address them.

I think one of the largest issues I have with this is a) how many features are really lacking compared to what we already had and b) no indication from Microsoft that fixes are on the horizon.  Come on Microsoft, get with the program and show your hand.

gm

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="GreyMittens"]If not, wouldn't it be nice if Microsoft was a little more open and acknowledged some of the current issues owners are having?[/quote]They can't. They're a publically traded company. They're not going to tell you a date or what is coming until it's nearly ready for release.[quote]b) no indication from Microsoft that fixes are on the horizon[/quote]Untrue. Several representatives have said several things are coming.

I would rather they spend any time/money/resources that would go to such a list on actually making/testing the fixes or improvements....

two generic fanboy answers above me, in reality a list of upcoming fixes wouldnt be against any publically traded terms nor would it take that long to setup and hinder any actually improvements that they are actually doing...would be nice to have a list as a consumer, good idea but they will overlook it because they dont want to make a known list of issues right now lol, would be way too big.

[quote user="U Go 6 FT BeLOW"]two generic fanboy answers above me[/quote]There is nothing "fanboy" about recognizing why MS and Sony don't list what is coming for their consoles in updates until those updates are finalized and ready to be released.

saying its because its a publically traded company is just a hugh spin off...has nothing to do with that...like i said (in a way) they just dont want to list everything that they're working on right now because the sheer volume of the list would send alot of would be christmas shoppers running for the hills.

Name big tech companies that put out a list prior to updates? Sony, no. Apple, no. Google, no......Too many things they are working on are likely very fluid and can be complex....plus, any company does this and then has to retract/delay/or drop a specific item and you get this vocal (butthurt) back-lash..Major Nelson (and other MS employees) give out occasional info discussing major issues being worked on already.

doesnt serve any benefit to anyone.  fixes come when they come.  

wouldnt help those suffering with the issues, would certainly deter prospective buyers.

[quote user="Burnin TODI"]

Name big tech companies that put out a list prior to updates? 

[/quote]

Dice

http://bf4central.com/2013/11/new-battlefield-4-pc-patch-coming-next-week/

Oracle

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/security/alerts-086861.html

Warcraft (Activision)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/under-dev

There are dozens more that put out a list of upcoming features and things 'in the works' for their consumers.  Public traded companies have nothing to do with it, in fact, those publicly traded companies have more of a responsibility to be transparent than private companies.

gm

It amazes me the caliber of people they allow into the ambassador program.

In reply to the OP, such a list is argumentative, since peoples views of what needs to be fixed may differ from others.  Best to just let the fixes happen and let then announce it when they feel it is necessary.

what amazes me is the caliber of haters that cant see past their own ego ;) deal with it kid, i'll always bring a different view to the table.  Oh and such a list is only argumentative if you cant see what the majority of people want, what the majority of people want is right in front of you in the 1000's of posts about what they'd like to have fixed...take a talley...make a list, check it twice and inform everyone of upcoming patches/fixes...its not rocket science there brain surgeon.