Xbox One - 2 questions

Hi everyone, I'm new to the xbox world. Just got me a Xbox One yesterday.

I have two questions:

1 - I didn't buy any physical xbox game. Downloaded mine. I've been hearing about the xbox one drive problems. I tried a regular DVD and it was ok. Am I safe, or the problem occurs only with xbox one blu-ray games?

2 - The xbox one is quite big, so the place reserved for my game console is feels small for the console. It's a closed space, with a couple of inches free on each side and above the console, and 3 inches free on the back. Is it ok the keep the console there? I'm worried it might overheat or something (but the console didn't feel unusually hot so far).

That's it. I'm really enjoying my xbox one, hope it keeps this way!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

aslong as the dvd didnt sound like agrinder when you put it in the drive you should be ok.

It is always a good idea to have breathing space aroundthe consol

[quote user="Marccall"]1 - I didn't buy any physical xbox game. Downloaded mine. I've been hearing about the xbox one drive problems. I tried a regular DVD and it was ok. Am I safe, or the problem occurs only with xbox one blu-ray games?[/quote]

The problems people are having with the disc drive seems to be straight out of the box.  If you haven't had any problems with other discs, you should be okay.

[quote user="Marccall"]2 - The xbox one is quite big, so the place reserved for my game console is feels small for the console. It's a closed space, with a couple of inches free on each side and above the console, and 3 inches free on the back. Is it ok the keep the console there? I'm worried it might overheat or something (but the console didn't feel unusually hot so far).[/quote]  

You're right.  It is a behemoth.  I would recommend you do find an alternate spot to put the console, as overheating due to the small space may be a potential problem. 

It doesn't make any weird noises with regular discs, so I guess I can risk that out of my list

You guys are right. I found another place for the console. It's a much wider space, I'm sure it'll be ok there.

Thanks for answering!