Xbox not updating to NXOE

Hi all. My Xbox One has not yet updated to NXOE automatically and when I manually check for an update there is none available.

I have not received any error codes yet but I don't know why I can't download the update manually or why it hasn't updated itself automatically.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 49 Applies to:

Hey there! I would turn the console completely off (Settings, Power, Turn Xbox off) and unplug everything from the back for 5 minutes. At that time, only plug in the power cord and your network cable if you're using a wired connection. Check for the update again, and see if it shows up.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have reset numerous times through Settings but I haven't tried a full power off as yet. I will try that later this evening and update.

Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have reset my device now as recommended above but still it is not showing any updates are available. Can anyone help me?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issue. I have even tried the offline update by downloading the software to a USB and installing it and it doesnt work. As far as my xbox is concerned there is no update to download.

My xbox OS is: 6.2.13332.0 (xb_rel_1508.150903-2141) fre

Did you by any chance use to be in the preview program? I used to have the preview releases on my xbox but I removed myself from it about a year ago after having issues.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes! This is my scenario as well. I contacted support and they advised I should return my XBOX under warranty. I think mainly because I exhausted all their advice and they had nothing left.

I have reset hard and soft, performed the offline update and finally a factory reset via the USB offline option as well. I don't want to return the Xbox and I haven't agreed with this approach just yet as I still think I have one last line of inquiry.

During one of my sessions with Xbox support they advised that my xbox was still registered to the Preview Program. I unsubscribed under the same circumstances as you and removed myself from it about 1 year ago after having issues. I can't re-download the Preview Program application to deregister the xbox myself. Supposedly the only way to deregister is to submit a request through to the following forum: forums.xbox.com/.../4276.aspx

My thoughts are if I remove the XBOX from the preview program then the update server will serve me the update.

Hopefully this path works, who knows! It seems like this isn't a well documented scenario.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ya I can't re-download the preview app either. And my xbox is no longer under warranty (Assuming a 1 year warranty. Im not sure how long the warranty is)

I think you are on the right track with us not actually being deregistered from the preview program. I will head over to that forum and post a request to get deregistered as well.

Keep me posted on how things go and I will do that same.

Sorry this didn't help.

Any luck for you?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you were in the preview program12 months ago you would have had the preview dashboard app if so it should still be in the ready to install in games/apps choose apps scroll to the right it should be ready to install.

Have any of you tried a factory reset not ideal but could be your last option before repair.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same issue as you guys, it has to be sent in unfortunately. But if outs of warranty you may want to consider trading it in to GS and putting in the difference for a 1TB console. Cause 125 to fix it isnt going to happen, especially when the fault is none of mine. I rather put that 125 towards a new one.

Sorry this didn't help.