XBOX Not Turing On

After having extreme difficulty downloading the newest update, which i could only download over wifi instead of Ethernet unlike every update i have downloaded since purchasing my xbox 3 months ago.  I rented a movie via xbox video, immediately my xbox froze, i turned it off and when i turned it back on the fan was extremely loud and the screen did not boot.  I turned it off and now it will not go back on but makes a noise when i press the power button.  The power brick's light is orange and i unplugged it and re-plugged it in.

Did an update seriously just kill my 3 month old $350 xbox?  Please help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

The update itself may have just been downloading at the wrong time. Most likely the xbox had some sort of internal issue before hand. You can also try to find out more information by reading this support.xbox.com/.../check-power-supply Im sorry about the inconvienience. Try not to lose hope on xbox. If the xbox is "dead", the hard drive inside the xbox will still be intact. So if worse comes to worse, you can buy a cheap 100.00 xbox but still keep all your information. I hope I helped :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Try the steps listed here.  If it doesn't work you will need to send it in for servicing.  As it's only 3 months old, it shouldn't cost you anything.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.