Xbox not turing on?

So im about to ship my xbox but i wanna know if there is anyone out there that know's how to fix this easy so here is what happend: i was playing black ops 2 and i was in game and someone sent me a message so i pushed the guide button and it came up and then the guide froze like i can see in the backround that the game is still going and i can not go up down or use any buttion's so i shut the console down and turnind it back on then a loud noise came on the xbox like the fan just going crazy and then a red dot poped up and so i shut the console off and then turned it back on and same thing happen so i shut it off and took the hard drive out and tryed turning the console back on but no light came on such as green light or red only the sound the slim makes when you turn on a xbox like ding and has stopped working i unpluged my power suplly on both end's and still not worked so any advice

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 24 Applies to:

It sound like an internal fuse has blown and sounds like a motor on a fan or your drive has gone. Best to contact Microsoft. Sorry.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi HitMan,

In your post you didn't mention if you noticed any lights on your power supply.  Can you try the steps below to see if they help solve or at least identify if the power supply is the issue.

Check the power supply light

Solid green or solid orange light: Your power supply is working. If your console won’t turn on, try the Xbox No Power Solution.

Flashing orange, solid red, or no light: Your power supply may need to be replaced. Try the following solutions:

1. Try plugging your console’s power supply into a different electrical outlet. Do not use a surge protector.
  2. If the power supply light is solid red or flashing orange, unplug the power supply and let it cool for 30 minutes. Then, plug the power supply back into the outlet.

Replace the power supply

If your power supply light is still flashing orange or solid red or is unlit, your power supply needs to be replaced. You can order a replacement Xbox 360 power supply from the Xbox Online Service Center. Console registration is required to replace the power supply under warranty (the power supply warranty is the same as your console warranty).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.