Xbox not detecting ethernet cables.

I bought 1 year of Xbox live gold yesterday (after having been silver for a few months) but around the time I redeemed the code, some lightning struck, to the point a decent power surge hit, getting through the surge protector I have and having a couple of sparks come out of the back end of the router.  Now while it did temporarily knock off my internet, nothing generally seemed to be damage in the long run, with the exception of my Xbox.  After this happened, my Xbox now does not want to detect any ethernet cables when I plug them into the xbox, I tried all ports with 3 different cables, so I think it's an issue with the lighting having damaged the ethernet port on the 360 itself.  

Is there any way to work around this?  Also, is there like, a way to temporarily put the gold I just activated on "hold" until I can connect to the internet again?  I know it's a bit of a silly, but it's a little irritating to -just- get gold and have this happen, but oh well.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Well you might have to get a wireless adapter. Seems that that did damage your Ethernet port. You could send your Xbox in for repair or you can get an adapter like I said above. Other than that looks like your out of options. Best of luck!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The only issue is that it probably isn't just his Ethernet port that is fried. It is very possible his network card in the console is also fried and if he busy the wireless networking adapter it could be useless to him. I know that this sort of damage is not covered under warranty if you take a look at section E of the warranty. In this case it might be best to get a new console then you won't wait any more of your live subscription you just purchased as it is not possible to put the subscription on hold.

Sorry this didn't help.

Alrighty then, I'll keep that in mind.  Thanks guys, the information helps, and yeah I didn't figure the hold thing would be possible, but oh well, that's fine.  Regardless, appreciate the insight guys.

Sorry this didn't help.