Xbox not connecting to internet

I have a wired connection to my xbox 360. Everything is plugged in and I have internet access on my computer which is connected to the same modem. I had no problems connecting online with the xbox 360 yesterday but when I tried to get on today, no luck. I tried testing the connection but it doesn't even give me an error message. It just keeps testing at the first stage where it looks for the network. I don't know what is going on. I tried turning off the console and modem and restarting it to see if that works but it didn't. Some help would be much aprreciated. Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

yup they are down for a bit it seems.... They better fix it soon  Nothing is wrong with your connection...and i just got a notification that i need to renew in a few weeks. Not a good way to convince me!.. But i lie of course i will renew!!!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you guys still having issues? I don't see anything mentioned on the status page (support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-status.aspx).

Sorry this didn't help.

What's the brand name and model number of this modem that both the xbox and computer are connected to?

Sorry this didn't help.