Xbox not able to go online

So i purchased this xbox from pawn shop only to find out it is banned from xbox live. After about 3 hours on the phone and 6 different employees, I have been told the only thing this massive (what I thought was Great) company can do to fix this is have me post online and hope someone sees it and come to my aid. Well here it is .... I bought this xbox a year ago, the pawn shop won't take it back, I have a bill of sale, and have never been online with it. I live  in Illinois but bought it in Colorado when I lived there. Serial number is 462685484405. I have had xboxs since I was 13 now I'm 26. Been a long time customer and fan of xbox, but this may be the final push needed to switch to the dark side (playstation). Hope someone can help. Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

See the thing is, MS assumes no responsibility for any xbox 360 that was purchased second hand. Even with your receipt, nothing can be done. You can still play offline, but will need to purchase a new console to play online. You can try to post in this forum forums.xbox.com/.../2366.aspx but you will get the same response.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

console bans are never reversed sorry this is why you should not buy a used console.

Sorry this didn't help.

That's so ridiculous, nice job Microsoft, a long time xboxer buying the new playstation tomorrow

Sorry this didn't help.

You can have the same thing happen with a Playstation? Not really sure what you're stomping your feet about here, but rules are there for a reason. All because someone sold a banned console to the pawn shop they aren't going to just unban it based on that. Once a console is banned, it's permanently banned. That goes for any console manufacturer. Let's just hope you don't go and buy a Playstation at the pawn shop and see it's banned.

Sorry this didn't help.