Xbox new system

If  and when Xbox comes out with a new system and it requires Kinect  to be mandatory for the system to work. Will you buy it or stay with the old system or change altogether?  I like to relax and don't care for the Kinect. They better rethink it. I just read an article today that suggested that they might be doing this. I think it bogus. They should not make a system that Kinect is required to be turned on all the time for the system to work.What do you think?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I agree, I owned the xbox & xbox 360, I have about 400 dollars in downloaded games and physical games. This being said I have some investment to stick with xbox next gen as well but if they force me to have kinnect always on (rumor) to watch how many people are in my room ect or just to play a game I don't even use the kinect for that is one thing I wont like. There is the rumor as well about blocking used games and that new games would be one time only person use. Well If a game stinks and you just paid 60 bucks for it what are you supposed to do? Throw it in the trash? I am fine with having a RFID chip in it to verify it's not a pirated game that would be the best way so far to thwart those who ruin it for the rest of us non pirates. But if they dump backward compatibility, always on kinect and one time 60 dollar games (as in one person can use it only) I will be switching to PC even though I don't want to, at least the games are half the price, online free but it cost more up front to build one. Oh well just wait to see. Worse case you can keep the old 360 and play the games from this gen that were good.

Nothing has been announced about the new system yet, so any articles you've read are pure speculation.

I highly doubt Kinect will be required for all games. I wouldn't be surprised if it's built in by default on the new system, but I don't think MS is dumb enough to make it required for all games.

If it comes with Kinect built in then MS need their heads examined.  Maybe they should focus more on having a powerful GPU instead of focusing on Kinect,  The PS4 will probably be announced tomorrow.  I can see Sony wipe the floor with MS in the Next Gen race.

While my logical mind has doubts that any company/corporation would go that far in alienating it's consumer base with such outlandish Orwellian paranoid shackles and Scrooge-like greedy demands.......however this IS Microsoft after all and they historically have no fear of alienating their customers over their corporate goals.

[quote user="ThanatosXRS"]

Mah MS already screwed Windows and Windows phone users what makes you think the 720 isnt gonna screw xbox users, I'm more hyped for the Ps4 to tell ya the truth

[/quote]

Ok, bye!

Mah MS already screwed Windows and Windows phone users what makes you think the 720 isnt gonna screw xbox users, I'm more hyped for the Ps4 to tell ya the truth

Agreed, these are just rumors that are being circulated, and I'm hoping that they are just that, rumors. I just wanted to point out (albeit, in the worst case scenario) what this would do to the industry. We won't know for sure until the announcements are made. i'm really hoping that the next generation Xbox has a better showing than the next playstation. Only time will tell.

^^so the random article you read about a console that has nothing confirmed not even a name said that...  That's some hard proof right there.  Seriously though just wait to see what happens and what actually gets confirmed etc

ps GOOOOOOOOOO BLUE!!!!!

Leaked diagrams show the possibility of a kinect mic being in the system, but nothing has been said by MS nor do we have any indication that these speculative rumors are anything more than that.

Just my opinion, but both Win8 and phone 8 are a big improvement over previous versions (true that Win8 needs better ui integration for desktop users).  However that is going off-topic for sure.

We use Kinect for the VC aspects in our household so I have no issues if it is included in the box, and from a core gamer view it has not hurt any of my favorite games.  I could argue that Skyrim and ME3 were better with the VC aspects, giving me something that as a longtime Pc gamer I had always wanted better implementation with anyway.