Xbox Network WPA2 Glitch!

When I try connecting to my network for Xbox Live, it doesn't connect and an red X pops up between Xbox 360 and the network (Xbox 360 ---X--- Network ------ Internet ------ Xbox Live). I tried to do everything the Xbox told me to do with the suggestions and even went to Xbox support online and they said it was probably my networking adapter  I have the Xbox pro (original). Nothing worked. This had never happened before and I always had Xbox Live connection so this is new to me and when i do get errors its usually internet problems not network adapter problems. Also when I typed in my WPA2 password for my network it said it was invalid. I used the WPA2 requirements and it worked with another random password which was the name of my network (This was before the error). After the error occured I went back to all the wireless connections and looked at the private ones. I typed in a random WPA2 pass. and I "hacked" into it. I kept trying this with other networks and it all worked. So then I noticed that all WPA2 passwords work for all networks making them insecure. I knew this had to be a glitch because it can't be possible that every network around my neighborhood has the same WPA2 password. So i basically can "hack" into any network with any random WPA2 which is weird. I want to know how to fix this glitch problem and how to fix this network connection problem as well. I want to know if it's the adapter that is causing the problems. Thank You :D

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 277 Applies to:

Hey there!

Sorry to hear you are having some connectivity issues!

You may want to have a look at the Xbox LIVE Connection Error solution, and click the error you see and follow the support steps given to you on that page.

You may also want to try making sure that the required ports are forwarded on your router settings. There are 4 necessary ports required to be open for Xbox LIVE to run efficiently. These 4 ports are the following:

• Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)

For more information on how to forward the ports, please view the Xbox Network Ports support page.

It may also be worth a try in looking at the Xbox LIVE Lag support page. This page will show you the minimum network requirements and ask you to test your connection on the specified sites to see if the connection meets the criteria necessary, as well as other solutions that could potentially resolve your issue. 

Here are some home remedies (which may be shown in some of the support pages provided) that could help or solve your issue.

• Try a wired connection (if not on one already)
  • Disconnect all other devices from your router. I.E iPods, Phones, Laptops etc...
  • Turn your router off for 10-15 minutes
  • Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) requesting for a boost on your connection (some providers follow through with this request, however not all. But is worth a try)

Hope this helps.

Keep us posted!

Thanks. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok I don't think any of that worked. The only solution is to get  a wired connection but what about the WPA2 password glitch thing?

Sorry this didn't help.

I would recommend you try that, so everything is clear. :)

-

In terms of your WPA2 Password issue, I would highly encourage that you contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and talk to them regarding about the fact that any password works, as that is quite worrying.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.

No worries matey! :)

Sorry this didn't help.