xbox needs to warm up?

My xbox has started doing something rather odd.  When i first turn it on it won't connect to live, just keeps poping you "there is a connection problem test connection etc" go into that and it can see my wireless network test the connection and if fails at the first hurdle.  However if i turn on the xbox and leave it for about 5-10mins and then try to connect it works.  Why all of a sudden does it appear to need to warm up before it connects.  Have tried resetting my bt hub and clearing my cach but still doing the same thing.  Any advice?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Which BT home hub are you using?

Have you tried factory resetting the home hub. There should be a factory reset button on the back. On my hub it is in a small hole that you have to stick a thin object into like a pen tip or pin. Just press the factory reset button with a pen tip or something for about 20 seconds. Release it and the hub will factory reset.

Make sure xbox is switched off while doing this and wait until all the blue lights are on before switching on xbox.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There is a connection failing inside of the unit,  most likely to the wireless internet unit inside of xbox or externally for original, could be something as simple as a solder separating, i would recommend running an ethernet cable from modem directly into back of xbox it will then have a very strong  connection  and wont use wireless internet inside of xbox, it will also help diagnose whether its the xbox itself or it is in fact the wireless card/adapter. good luck

Sorry this didn't help.

my xbox was giving the same problems as yours and did the following: I cleaned the whole game with a dry cloth and cleaned the entrance to the internet and then left the console in a well ventilated place and I changed manually the ip video game and do not forget always update your router for the last firware if it continues and you have the xbox 360 warranty Serbian advise you take your console for service to repair

Sorry this didn't help.

my xbox was giving the same problems as yours and did the following: I cleaned the whole game with a dry cloth and cleaned the entrance to the internet and then left the console in a well ventilated place and I changed manually the ip video game and do not forget always update your router for the last firware if it continues and you have the xbox 360 warranty Serbian advise you take your console for service to repair

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm using the black bt hub the lastest one and my xbox is a slimline one with the built in wireless.  They in different rooms so wired connection isn't really possible

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried manually changing the wifi channel in the hub?

The hubs automatic wifi channel selector isn't always reliable. So it's best to try changing the channel manually.

To change the wifi channel.

First switch off xbox then using the web browser on your computer type 192.168.1.254 in the address bar.

Click Settings then enter administrator password when asked. If you haven't yet set the admin password yourself then the default password is written on a plastic tab that slots into the top of the home hub.

Click Wireless then scroll down.

You should see what channel is set to now so say that it says channel 11 you should change it to channel 1 or 6 then click apply.

Switch on xbox and see if it connects again. If it doesn't then switch off and try a different channel.

Sorry this didn't help.