Xbox modem router connection issues since update

Hmmm I have a netgear n300 dgnd3300v2 adsl2 modem router running at 2.4ghz I have had my xbox slim since jan and have been using it wirelessly since then. But today when I was asked to do the update it downloaded and after trying to install it came up with an error code.. From this moment on my xbox could no longer connect to my modem wirelessly it could fond the modem but was just unable to connect. So after reading a few posts I plugged a network cable in and it completed the update just fine. However the wifi connection still does not work still detects the modem router but can't connect. I've tried using all different setting just in case that might work I've even reconfigured the network setting within my xbox but to be honest it shouldnt have stopped working just because of the update.  Any suggestions would be great because at the min I'm thinking of taking it back to the shop as I upgraded to this console to get rid of the cable  Thxs

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi,

Try removing the network from your console and try reconnecting, if that fails then try the following steps. Any other problems feel free to contact me.

• Turn off your console.
  • Wireless connection only: Unplug the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter from the USB port.
  • Turn on your console.
  • Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  • Select Network Settings.
  • Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network, if you are prompted to do so.
  • Select Configure Network.
  • On the Additional Settings tab, select Restore to Factory Defaults.

Then go through the steps to run the connection test.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Please read:- forums.xbox.com/.../811997.aspx

And post back your details in full (the bits that are in bold on that post) so that people may help

If you are wireless can you also state whether you are using the white or black external adapter or the Xbox 360S Internal adapter

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, everyone! Please be mindful of the original post date of a thread before replying. This will prevent the inadvertent bumping of very old threads such as this one from May 2011.

With that said, please let us know if you still need assistance, Criminal1979, and we will be happy to help.

Sorry this didn't help.