Xbox loading games but stuck on game intro screen

I have experienced this problem tonight.

I dashboarded after playing Final Fantasy XIII-2 and went to restart the game and my screen got stuck on the Square Enix loading screen.

I have cleared my cache, uninstalled game etc and it still does the same thing. My disc is clean and I have also tried a few other games such as FIFA 13 to make sure it is not my disc.

FIFA 13 loads up but only makes it to the first screen. Also on all discs in the home menu it tells me what game it is so at least it is reading the disc and knows what game it is.

I have tried all the troubleshooting methods before posting this and they have not fixed the problem.

I must say though my xbox is omitting a lot of heat from the fan area so whether the xbox is overheating I would say is a possibility. I have a xbox 360 slim version and have had it for two and a half years. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 108 Applies to:

Try looking at the following links and see if anything helps you out with your issue:

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-360-screen-freeze

support.xbox.com/.../screen-freeze-article

Xbox Live Community Ambassador

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

get your xbox out in the open and keep it cool. avoid blocking the vents and try again. Hanging mostly occurs due to overheating. I live in a tropical country and hanging is common on my end but knowing how to keep you xbox cool will greatly minimize hanging.

Sorry this didn't help.

i have the same problem.. the console crashed during battlefield 3. now when i try to load any game in the loading screen after press start the console loading at the infinite

Sorry this didn't help.